Yup, I said it. This week I’ve been on a rampage for peanut butter/chocolate combinations. It all started by purchasing Mini Peanut Butter Cups from Trader Joes, followed by buying some Nature’s Path Organic Peanut Choco Chewy Granola Bars, followed by buying some Häagen-Dazs Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream (which I’ve been eating only a spoonful of once a day…loaded with calories)
…and nowwwww I’ve continued the trend by making some…
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Power Cookies (adopted from this recipe)
- 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp baking cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- a dash of allspice
- 2 heaping tablespoons flax meal
- 1 cup quick oats
- a small drizzle maple agave from Trader Joes
- 2 tbsp Twister Powder (a superfood combo of Maca, Cacao and Hemp powders), picture below.
I’ve made quite a few adjustments, but follow the cooking directions from the recipe and then spoon out 11 or so servings. I used two teaspoons to make small round cookies, then smooshed them down flat and placed them in the freezer to cool down.
Makes: about 11 cookies
Nutritional Info: approximate, per cookie
- Calories: 61.7
- Total Fat: 1 g
- Carbs: 11 g
- Protein; 1.8 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
These are some of my favorite cookies, so I’m glad I was able to make them a littttttle bit healthier.
For those of you following a Weight Watchers plan, these are about 2 points per cookie.
Will this be the end of the peanut-choco cravings? Who knows. It’s a pretty hard combo to get sick of.
Breakfast this morning consisted of: peanut butter banana oatmeal
1. 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup water in boiling water, simmer for about 5 minutes
2. add in some vanilla, allspice, cinnamon and ginger seasonings
3. put cooked oatmeal in a bowl, top with banana slices, a sprinkling of turbinado sugar, 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, and a drizzle of maple agave.
4. enjoy some of the best oatmeal in the world.
(Weight watchers, approx. 7 points)
Serve with hazelnut coffee and fruit and you’ve got yourself a full tummy through lunch
Phew. Now I’m off to relax a little more (if that’s possible), watch a little more Food Network, drink a little more coffee, and possibly do a little yoga.
Hope you’re all loving this Sunday as much as I am!
Oh, and if you’re wondering about the winner of the contest, I’m leaving it open until tonight at midnight. The winner will be announced tomorrow~ What contest, you say? READ THIS.