Well, we meet again 🙂
This is my third post of the day (can you tell I didn’t have too much to do? haha)! Anyways, since we last spoke I went to the gym with my friend and although it was insanely packed with the after-work rush, managed to do a shortened version of my planned workout:
- since all of the ellipticals were full, ran for twenty minutes on the treadmill, and walked for ten (warm up/cool down, 5 minutes each). Twenty minutes might not sound like a lot, but I’ve read in a variety of places that you shouldn’t increase mileage by more than 10% per week, so I’m starting up slow and avoiding immediate injury/failure. This way I’ll definitely be ready for a half marathon by mid-summer! Woohoo!
- bicep curls (10lbs x12, 3 reps)
- free weight chest fly (10 lbs x12, 3 reps)
- back extension (one of my new favorites) holding a 10lb weight x 12, 3 reps
- medicine ball twist (with a dumbbell weight) 10lbs, 10 each side, 3 reps)
So it wasn’t the ideal weights day, but I gave it everything I got in the short time that I was there. I always forget how insane the gym is when everyone gets out of work and will try as hard as possible to avoid it in the future, gross.
After the gym, I grabbed a tea at Starbucks w/bestie, then came home and put together this yummy dinner:
A lil bit o’ salad with some black olives and Annie’s goddess dressing…
Great weight loss food for thought: In my journey to better health I’ve been told that by eating dinner on a smaller plate you tend to consume less. It makes complete sense, and although I filled my plate here it is half the amount i would have put on a regular-sized plate. Try it out, can’t hurt 🙂
And that leaves me here, relaxin’ in front of the TV and drinking my favorite tea: Yogi Immune Support.
The rest of the night entails some more relaxing, and possibly a search for a delicious and healthy dessert…
…dark chocolate and almond butter dipping, here I come (in moderation, of course) 🙂