Wellll, since our last encounter I have TWO important announcements:
- I was approved to be a FoodBuzz Featured Publisher! This means that I’ll soon be having one of their ads on my blog, and will eventually make a few bucks as my readership increases. This is good news for all of you, because as soon as I get more readers I’ll be doing some fun giveaways! So please, tell your friends to check this little blog out!
- Although numbers aren’t too important in my new healthier and active lifestyle, it is encouraging to see a three pound drop on the scale in the past two weeks! Now I know this could be attributed to many factors and may change daily, but it still puts a smile on your face while you’re hoofin’ it on the elliptical 🙂
For my mid-morning snack, I munched on the remaining serving of veggie pirate booty while cleaning up my room at the apartment (shown here on a fancy cut-up pirate booty bag, to save dirtying a dish)
When lunchtime rolled around I chowed down on some of my Quinoa Salad that I made yesterday, along with some salad w/avocado and the tiny bit leftover from my Spinach, Artichoke, Chicken Pasta concoction (Rachael-Ray recipe) I made a few nights ago.
After I finished tidying up my room, my friend and I headed to the gym. Today was supposed to be a weights day, but for some reason my body just felt tired. Sooo, in the spirit of listening to what it was telling me, I took it a little easier today and did a 45 minute elliptical session. Now don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t easy per se, but it seemed less exhausting. Sometimes you just have to give your body a break. But definitely stay tuned for my weights workout tomorrow!
Total burn? About 475 calories.
After the gym, I picked up some ginger and allspice at Pchops (Price Chopper) to make my soup! I found a pretty basic squash soup recipe here, by Emeril. However, I did make a few variations. I used:
- 2 acorn squash, halved w/seeds scooped out and roasted (40 minutes @ 400 degrees, cut side down)
- 2 chopped macintosh apples, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped (forgot to buy an onion, but the substitute worked well)
- maybe 3 or less cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- a WHOLE LOTTA shakes out of my ginger, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg seasonings. YUM.
I followed the recipe’s basic instructions pretty closely, so for those just check out the link above. Here are a few pictures…
Thennnn, I had a few scoops for dinner w/two (yes, two…it’s good for dipping) pieces of my yummy frozen multigrain bread!
Overall? Pretty satisfied. I LOVE dipping bread into soups, so goooooooood.
After dinner, I showered and relaxed a bit. Mondays are The Bachelor dates with my roomie, so we chilled and watched that for a while.
Mid-show I was thinking about having some dessert and opted to go all out for some hot chocolate, made with a 50/50 mix of regular 1% milk and vanilla almond milk, a hot chocolate packet and a lil bit of whipped cream (Cabot style).
It was well worth the indulgence. Here’s a picture after I ate the whipped cream (sorry, guys :))
That’s all for now, folks. I’m off to read a bit and get an earlyish night’s sleep, got a killer weights workout tomorrow to look forward to 🙂
Question: What motivates you when you feel like you’re having an ‘off’ or tired day at the gym (or in general)? What gets you through your workout?